I picked up a book at the library called “Renegades Write The Rules – How the Digital Royalty use social media to INNOVATE” by Amy Jo MARTIN. (Obnoxious capital letter as they appear on the cover of the book.)
I could rant about how pathetic The Medicated Generation is with their personality disorders, disillusions of grandeur and obsession with social media to compensate for poor interpersonal skills – or – you can read this book and see it first hand.
Here is a summary of the book.
- Upper middle class white girl (UMCWG) goes to college.
- UMCWG gets a job for a multi-billion dollar corporation called the Phoenix Suns. Sports teams are corporations, stop living in denial.
- UMCWG tells the employees to use Twitter. She didn’t invent Twitter, she just told other people to use it.
- UMCWG then tells The Rock and Shaq to use Twitter. The Rock and Shaq were already rich and famous, she didn’t help them become rich or famous.
- The Rock and Shaq use Twitter and people follow them.
- UMCWG starts calling herself “royalty” and declarers that she has “innovated”.
She didn’t make anyone rich or famous. She didn’t invent Twitter. She didn’t even write their tweets. She told other people who are already rich and famous to use a tool someone else invented and now she is royalty. Essentially she did nothing. This is social media at it’s best. Taking credit for what other people have done.
Serious. If you want to explore the disillusions of The Medicated Generation read this book. I couldn’t illustrate what’s wrong with them any better than this.